Sorry I’ve been MIA lately, folks. My province just suffer the worst flood in its entire history. My city, hometown and weekend oasis of Canmore have all been affected. Our family has made it unscathed, and for that we consider ourselves incredibly lucky. Our hearts go out to those less fortunate. Our family, along with most everyone I know in Southern Alberta, is doing what they can to help support the affected areas.
For those interested in contributing to relief efforts (expected to be in the range of $1 billion), Rogers and Fido customers can text “ABHelp” to 4664 to make a $5 donation. Bell customers can also donate $5 off their next bill by texting “REDCROSS” to 30333. I’ve been assured by Red Cross Canada that the $5 goes direct to Alberta victims and not in their general fund.
For families who need respite, from June 26-28, City of Calgary Recreation is offering free drop-in classes for kids 6 to 12 years at the following locations: Wildwood Arts Centre, Bob Bahan Pool, Shouldice Pool, Inglewood Pool, and Killarney Pool between 8:30-4:30pm. First come, first served.
Do you have any suggestions on how to help others during this crisis?
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Subscribe via Email
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets