I hate to say it, but I actually wish the weekend wasn’t upon us. We just got back from a lovely trip to Vancouver Island, and I’m feeling swamped. Suddenly the memories of paddleboarding, kayaking and indulging in oysters, fresh crab and salmon, seem so far away. This weekend I’m looking forward to getting sorted, making Pasta alla Norma and finally exploring the mountain bike trails at the Canmore Nordic Centre. Here are a few links you might enjoy as I did this week (while waiting for Eve to fall asleep in our hotel room).
- And I just bought a new flat iron! 22 Things from Sex and the City that are now woefully outdated.
- I loved reading this book, which Anthony Bourdain says is, “Simply the best memoir by a chef. Ever.”
- Another interesting read: How the CIA used modern art as a weapon during the cold war.
- Though the dude in my class burned 600 calories according to his heart rate monitor, apparently hot yoga is no better workout than normal yoga. That blows.
- You’ve got less time than you think! Seven seconds to make a good first impression.
- 9 Tiny style details you don’t think people notice (but they do).
- I wouldn’t say these were 40 of the most powerful photographs ever taken, but many are haunting and worth a peek.
- First there were cupcakes, then came cream puffs, macarons and now cronuts. Are these the next big dessert?
- Bathroom cuteness: Mr. T Roll Holder.
- Interesting concept: Animals as furniture.
- 15 Toys you can make with a cardboard box.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets