Happy Friday, everyone! And Happy Birthday to my high school bestie. She’s a teacher with bad taste in grad dresses (OK, maybe she’s not the only one). Still, I always feel a bit sorry for her that her birthday is right when she’s getting ready to go back to the classroom, but not sorry enough that I’d actually organize a birthday dinner for her or anything. (I leave that to our mutual friend who’s into rainbows and crystals and shit.) Sorry man, hope you have a lovely B-day regardless.
This weekend I’m hoping I can snag a last minute ticket to see this at the Jube, and I’ll be attending my first GlobalFest for the fireworks finale on Sunday. Oh, if you’re in Calgary next Thursday night, you’ll want to attend this free workshop with loads of tips and tricks for healthy school lunches.
Here’s a look at what caught my eye this week. Hope you enjoy.
- Talk about refreshing (and I swear not creepy): A letter from a Dad to his daughter about having awesome sex.
- Do you believe it? Urge to be a mother decreases with higher IQ.
- Secrets of effective office humour.
- They get paid to do what? Charisma coaching.
- I like hiking as much as the next weekend warrior, but I don’t think I’d be up for this.
- And you thought your commute was bad. Rush hour on a Beijing subway line.
- A dessert for summer: Fresh peaches and ginger cream shortcakes.
- How the most successful writers (and other folks) schedule their days.
- Fancy yourself a bit of an entrepreneur? 8 Best industries for starting a business.
- I always love checking out the Nat Geo photo contest winners.
- Made me laugh.
- Super cute DIY table runner.
- I’m keen to throw this healthy number on the grill before summer’s over.
Have a great weekend everyone. Please let me know if any of these links spoke to you.
Subscribe via Email
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets