And Win a Home Organizing Consultation!
I used to think that personal trainers, personal chefs, parenting coaches and the like, were the exclusive domain of the rich and famous. But the corporate world doesn’t scoff at professional development, so why should stay at home parents?
If you want an organized home, you can leaf through a glossy magazine to pick up a few tips, or you can get the job done once and for all, by using a personal organizer.
A few years back I turned to Celeste Rose of Hire Order to sort out our 1,300 sq.ft. condo. Our starter home has become our permanent home, with the addition of daughter and dog. We needed to make the space work for everyone who now occupied it, and a two hour consultation with Celeste, a certified professional organizer, resulted in a list of ideas and resources that specifically addressed our issues. Instead of running around all over the kitchen just to make a cup of tea, we now sport a beverage center, and have learned how craft supplies and china dishes can peacefully co-exist in our dining room hutch.
Here are Celeste’s Top 10 Tips for Speedy Spring Cleaning:
- Buy new, colored linen dishtowels and weed out old ratty ones. Same goes for bathroom towels and dishcloths.
- Keep cleaner products under the sink in your kitchen and bathroom
- Run your dish drying rack through the dishwasher
- Treat yourself to fresh flowers
- For the living room, open the windows and really clean those blinds. Purge stacks of magazines and swap out throw cushions with new colours for spring.
- Free up space in your linen closet by storing sheet sets in each bedroom closet for that bed. (You only need two sets per bed.)
- Install a “Too Small/Donation” box system in your laundry room or bedroom closet. That way, when you see an unwanted item, you can deal with it immediately.
- Dry clean or wash heavy duvets and winter coats, then store until next winter
- Buy a vertical shoe hanging system to store flip flops, dog leashes, gloves and sunglasses
- Place a donations box beside your recycling and garbage in the garage, to make it that much easier to let go of items around the house.
I’ve referred loads of clients to Celeste over the years, and she’s graciously offered to give one lucky reader a one-hour phone consultation! Here’s how you can enter:
- Share this post on Facebook with your friends
- Comment below, letting me know your best home organizing tips.
- Tweet: Speedy spring organizing tips by @Jody_Robbins on her blog www.travelswithbaggage.com today.
- If you haven’t already, please Like Travels with Baggage on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TravelsWithBaggage
I’ll draw a name out a hat and will announce the lucky winner next Monday, May 6.
So tell me, what are your best tips for sorting your home?