With acrobats, horses, trick riders, aerialists, dancers and musicians, Odysseo by Cavalia is one of those larger than life performances that leaves your jaw hanging on the floor. You can read a review of Cavalia anyplace (but please check out my article soon to appear in Travel Mamas). Instead, I thought you’d be interested in some fun facts about this wild ride.
- The White Big Top is the size of two NFL fields, making it the world’s largest tent.
- The White Big Top is hand washed by team of 10 climbers.
- 70 horses from 11 breeds are featured.
- Instead of stilts, acrobatics don running blades. Wondering if this sits well with Real Housewife, Aviva Drescher…
- There’s no net to catch aerialist should they take a tumble. Fortunately a few road apples are plopped down to cushion any falls.
- Artists go through 350 costumes and 100 pairs of shoes and boots during the performance.
- Each rider trains two to three horses a day.
- Cher loved Odysseo, saying: “I have absolutely seen nothing like this in my life. It’s the only time I ever saw humans and animals seem like they are joined.”
- 600 meals are catered daily for Cavalia staff.
- It takes 80 employees to set up and tear down the show.
Call 1-866-999-8111 for tickets.
Have you seen a Cavalia performance? What did you think of it?